2questions

Options
Maryam Abdi
Maryam Abdi Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi,

1- Ihave Fizz sim card and I have my referral code. I’m gonna buy home internet from Fizz, can I use my referral code or should be someone else?

2- In case If I needed to cancel my home internet, what’s the procedure and should I pay for canceling?

Thank you

Maryam

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Maryam Abdi

1- Ihave Fizz sim card and I have my referral code. I’m gonna buy home internet from Fizz, can I use my referral code or should be someone else?

Referral codes are to be used only for the first service you get at Fizz. Then again, nothing prevents you to try to create a new account (with a different email address) for its first service.

2- In case If I needed to cancel my home internet, what’s the procedure and should I pay for canceling?

You currently do not pay to cancel an internet subscription. On top of that you will receive a prorated refund based on the remaining days for the monthly fee paid at the beginning of your payment cycle. But you must return the modem within 15 das or you'll have to pay for it (225$+)

The procedure is at https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-unsubscribe-from-fizz-home-internet

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Options

@Idefizz explained everything in detail.

Many people create a dedicated second account to refer themselves. So this is possible. You need to do the maths yourself.Depending on your membership level, you could save more money by adding the internet to your existing account. As soon as you activate, you get more upgrade slots.

• Maryam Abdi
    Options

Thank you for your answers, Just to make sure:

1- for using of my own referral code, I need to create a new account with a different email address, right??

2- If I cancel the service, do I have to pay for the modem if I have returned the modem within 15 days?!

Thank you

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

1- for using of my own referral code, I need to create a new account with a different email address, right??

Correct.

Then again, like StefanM mentioned, splitting your accounts will make you 2 distinct progress lines for the My Rewards program. They'll both go slower as they're not under the same account. If it's valuable to you...

Another advantage is if a payment method gets stuck for any reason, only the affected account will be stuck temporarily.

2- If I cancel the service, do I have to pay for the modem if I have returned the modem within 15 days?!

No. Mind you, the process ends when they know they have the modem back. One advice: keep every proof you get on the way.

• Maryam Abdi
    Options

Thank you so much Idefizz

This discussion has been closed.