No Service.. This is Seriously Messed Up

Options
Ottawa
Ottawa Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi,

What can I do here? My new plan kicked in 5 days and just prior to that I lost my phone. So I ordered and received a new cell and SIM from fizz on the same day of my plan change. I activated the SIM correctly with the help of customer service, however my phone services (calls, texts, internet) have not been active.

The biggest frustration here is that phone account is linked with my business, so every day that goes go by without no service really hurts my business. It’s been 5 days now and Fizz can’t seem to fix the issue or even forward my number to another cell while they try to fix the issue. I had just about enough and wanted to port out my phone number, and still I am not able to that because it requires a confirmation text that I don’t have access to and customer service is not willing to accommodate.

In short, I am paying for services that I do not have access to, and my phone number is being held hostage and can’t be ported out. My phone number is tied to mu business and I am losing business everyday. I tried everything that Fizz suggested and yet they don’t have any solutions or any estimates of possible resolution. They said my number is stuck for some reason or another and don’t know why. I’ve never had payment issues and have always paid my services on time.

Does anyone know what I can do to end this nightmare and have access to my phone number so my customers can reach me?

Best Answer

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I know this won't be of much use now, but to run a business I'd highly recommend getting a VOIP number. They are relatively cheap (you can probably get them as low as 2-3$/month), could be configured to ring on multiple devices (ex: phone and voip application on PC) and would even be able to send you voicemail as mp3 attachements to emails (for free) so although you might not get the call right away, you'd at least know you have a voicemail immediately AND be able to call back your clients without delay using any other means available to you.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.