Can I use a fizz modem someone gave me?

lauriec
lauriec Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi!

I am moving in the appartement of my friend and she gave me her Fizz modem. Is there any way that I could switch to Fizz myself and take her old modem instead of sending it back and waiting for the new one? She already has a date to send it back.

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

There is no current way to do so because Fizz internet contracts cannot overlap for a given address.

Unfortunately it is only when the address becomes available by having your friend complete the move/unsubscription that your subscription can then be completed.

Mind you, it is your friend's responsibility to return the modem within 15 days. Failing to do so can become costly. Don't delay as it can take some time too by snail mail.

IMPORTANT: You are required to return your Fizz Wi-Fi modem within 15 days after your unsubscription date, or else you will be charged the amount of $225 (plus applicable taxes).

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-return-my-wi-fi-modem

Answers

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

Unfortunately, I believe it has to go through the whole process. It would be nice however if you could at least give the old modem back when the tech delivers the new one.

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭

Yeahhh but no! just go through the normal process to avoid any extra charge on your friend cc.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

No Fizz wont allow it if you dont return it you will have to paid it and cant do nothing with the modem.

Yes i know its not really nice,

• The price show by Idefizz (225) is the current price but if your friend is and old client this amount can be 150$ too
This discussion has been closed.