Ordering a SIM in Ontario

Options
sam99
sam99 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited June 2021 in My Mobile

Hi,

currently wanting to switch to Fizz. two questions:

• is there any workaround to ordering a SIM to Ontario? I'm usually in Montreal but here for the summer. want to change asap :/
  • I found old posts on coverage on Ontario being missing in some areas, seems like Canada coverage option now covers it. Does it mean it's LTE and fully reliable? for reference the coverage page says "Coverage in this area is provided by partners. To use it, make sure you select the appropriate coverage in your plan."

"thx!

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    • Q: is there any workaround to ordering a SIM to Ontario? I'm usually in Montreal but here for the summer. want to change asap :/
    • A: Yes buy it in store at a Couche-Tard or UQAM's COOP, consult the stores map : https://fizz.ca/en/sim-card#stores

• Q: I found old posts on coverage on Ontario being missing in some areas, seems like Canada coverage option now covers it. Does it mean it's LTE and fully reliable? for reference the coverage page says "Coverage in this area is provided by partners. To use it, make sure you select the appropriate coverage in your plan."
    • A: to make this quick, your residential area must be in the subscription area which is only Quebec but also spans in Ottawa ONLY. So basically you are ok if you live there. The coverage area works well in LTE, it is just a partner (e.g. Bell's cell towers) and your phone will adapt (if not you can force it to Fizz-EXT). But beware that more than half of your usage must be done in the SUBSCRIPTION area, not COVERAGE. If you keep using the coverage (Fizz-EXT) for more than 3 consecutive months Fizz might cut your service.

Welcome to Fizz 🌞

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

I assume you are not in Ottawa, because Fizz would deliver to home addresses there. As far as I know there is not really a work-around. What you could do is have the simcard delivered to a friend or relative and ask them to forward it to you.

LTE coverage in Ontario is great. I am speaking from experience: Travelling to Kitchener/Waterloo Region a lot and never had any problems. However, be aware that Fizz can cut your extended network access if you are in the using your phone primarily in that network. Having said that: As long as you don't over-use your data, you should be fine.

This discussion has been closed.