Switching from Ebox (Videotron network) to Fizz, setup without technician?

Options
nikeo
nikeo Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi, I was thinking about subscribing with Fizz internet after my friend told me about them, but I was wondering if I could somehow get a modem and activate my service without a technician actually entering my apartment. I know they are very careful with the restrictions, but I feel like Videotron could just tap a switch on their computer and make it work, lol. It would be easier for me this way than to schedule an appointment and deal with a technician.

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you already have the Vidéotron cable in your home (wherever with Vidéotron directly or through Ebox, techsavvy, ...) and it's working fine and you don't take the VIP install, no the tech wont need to enter. For me he pretty much just scanned the modem's barcode to activate it and handed it to me at my front door and that was it, pretty much just a delivery service.

Just make sure your current cable modem doesn't have any kind of physical lock on it that would prevent you from removing it and self-installing the new one.

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @nikeo

From your title I gather that your appartement is already equipped with a Vidéotron cable, so, as mentioned above, it should be a simple delivery service.

Also don’t forget to use a referral code when you sign up. It must be entered before you activate your subscription. Right now Fizz offers a 50$ welcome bonus added to your account in the second month.

Bienvenue à Fizz. We are happy to have you :)

This discussion has been closed.