Internet reactivation planned for June - Amount charged in May, looks wierd

Options
Daphné R. #23379
Daphné R. #23379 Posts: 5 ✭✭

I recently reactivated my Internet plan.

I cancelled my Internet plan last March when I sold my house and I am getting prepared to move in my new house on June 30th. I chose to do the installation by myself but it seems I had to plan the visit of a technician even in this case. So, I have a visit planned next June 30 but I've been charged 51,74$ (in May) on my credit card. It is the exact amount of my plan (45+tx) but when I look at the order details, it says Modem Wi-FI.

Is this a new procedure to pay for the modem? I can't recall having been charged for this when I had my first Internet plan with Fizz and I had to return it in March. Also, it's kinda wierd that it's the amount of my monthly plan. What should I do?

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just enjoy 😊

The tech delivers the modem, being self installed or a VIP install (in non covid time).

The charge is normal and is for the internet service (there is no charge for installation visit when non VIP), see the excerpt:

Your first monthly payment will be charged to your credit card the day you subscribe. Your monthly payment cycle, however, will start with the delivery of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem.

Source: point 5 of page https://fizz.ca/en/internet/how-it-works

Answers

This discussion has been closed.