Why can't I just buy a phone without having to create a new plan because I already have one?

Options
Sebastien C. #37494
Sebastien C. #37494 Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited May 2021 in My Mobile

So to get the full picture here: I already have a 30$ plan with Fizz since last year and my cellphone (I brought my own) is unlocked and it's an LG G5. The phone was badly damaged yesterday in a drop-and-barrel-roll-down-the-stairs-accident and is now unusable, I need a new one.

The thing is when I log on Fizz and want to buy a new phone it asks me to create a new plan with it also... How does it work if all I want is to replace my current G5 and keep the same plan I already have with Fizz, and also keep my phone number? It should be simple... :(

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is a know web session issue. See my screen capture if I try to buy any given phone.

You should see the option of choosing an existing plan (on top of creating a new plan). Maybe the web session expiration is shorter than the time you take along the process. The purchase is just very sensitive to you account session so you can also try to buy right after login in your account, or try with a different browser or device or try incognito.

Let us know what worked for you.

This discussion has been closed.