Switching to Fizz internet

Alpaka
Alpaka Posts: 1 ✭✭

Currently with Ebox, since they also use Videotron line, whats the best step to take to ensure i don't lose internet?

Call for Fizz install and then cancel Ebox once installation done?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Correct. That way you'll be sure your address is served (which will be simulated while doing the tech appointment) and in the end prove that the modem works.

Once satisfied, don't forget to cancel the old provider :) Usually they refund prorated, not sure for Ebox.

Be aware that there is currently a promotion for 120Mbps at the price of 60Mbps (50$+tx).

Know that the router part of the modem is not for everyone. Do your tests once installed but you might want to consider afterward to use your own router.

Think of our referral codes, wink wink.

Answers

• kamouraska
    kamouraska Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

The Fizz modem installation is pretty straigthforward, and nothing really change to your cable installation. A technician will come to check the signal you get from Videotron and give you the new Fizz modem. Your Ebox will work up to the last minute before switching the modems.

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

That is exactly how it went when I moved from Videotron; I got my Fizz modem in the morning, plugged it in (took a while for the uplink and downlink to stop flashing, maybe 45-60 minutes, but it worked right away nonetheless), set it to bridge mode and plugges my own router (because I haven't heard any good thing about the Fizz built-in router feature beside "it's free"), made a few speed-tests, waited a few hours (while I switched my two mobile lines, I don't suggest you do that BTW), then called Videotron to cancel everything.

The only reason I wouldn't recommend activating mobile at the same time as Internet is if you use the same credit card to pay all, if the card gets declined and you can't switch fast enough, you lose both internet and mobile access. I'd suggest separating them by at least a few days; each one is billed individually anyway.

This discussion has been closed.