Unable to edit profile username

Options
Jacques_Assert
Jacques_Assert Posts: 159 ✭✭
edited May 2021 in About my account

When I attempt to change it, I get the following message.

I am signed on.

And I just posted this question from the same account.

And I just successfully changed by avatar.

Q: Has anyone successfully changed their username recently?

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Q: Has anyone successfully changed their username recently?

A: I haven't tried the Username recently, no, because when I did at the very beginning of the new forum, I was penalized temporarily from ensuing bugs, so I won't try it again soon.

Long story: I believe that field had, and may still have, a historically more complex relationship with the Fizz account (because it used to have a similar value) than the other 2 fields. But I just did change my Emplacement now and it works but only when you edit soon after logging in. Unlike submitting a forum answer, that field seems to be related to some session expiration issue. The "Permission Problem" remains for Emplacement if you edit after a not-so-long inactivity.

Potential solution: So, like Emplacement, try to specifically sign out and log back in and edit the Username field, say immediately or within 5 minutes. You may have to clear cache and any Fizz cookies

Answers

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Options

Bingo.

It's a timeout issue after initial login.

There are similar behaviours in the main UI, but the main UI will prompt to re-login if you try to do anything important.

Here, you just have to guess...

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, we can now confirm the same working solution for that field as well.

This discussion has been closed.