Internet connection issue

Options
Son L. #34230
Son L. #34230 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi Fizz,

This is the 10th time my internet stopped working this week. Everytime i have to unplug my modem to reset and after that it worked. However, i really need a stable connection to work/study from home. I hope you guys can help me.

thanks

Best Answer

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Although I wouldn't rule out a bad modem, most of the time these problems disappear if you use your own router; the built-in one really isn't good and I would only trust it to order a better router online. I had so little faith in it I bought my own router before I even receive my Fizz modem and the only internet outage I had in the last 3 months is due to power outage.

Answers

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 109 ✭✭
    Options

Have you received an explanation and/or is the problem resolved (faulty hardware or software)? You should only have to reboot your modem once or twice per year.

• Esther L. #35297
    Esther L. #35297 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options

I am in Québec and i do have the same issue since a couple of weeks . It happened today again (around 5:30). i lost once my connection straight in the middle of an important meeting. Not what i expected when i switched… Any idea on how to fix ?

• Sylvain T. 82381
    Sylvain T. 82381 Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Options

Rosemont area…same problem with random times when internet stopped working since a couple of weeks. Tried support and say to me bad modem too but that’s bull shot as I never done anything to it before all the issues started. I’m a bit fed up and may change my internet provider soon if this isn’t fixed…

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Son L. #34230

Does the problem only occur with WI-FI or even when you connect directly to modem via Ethernet cable?

Have you checked the indicator lights on your modem?

This would give us information about the problem.

If it's only WIFI, you can quickly try to:

• Idefizz
    Options

Hi @Son L. #34230

Does the problem only occur with WIFI or even when you connect directly to modem via Ethernet cable?

Hope this helps.

• Idefizz
    Options

Hi @Son L. #34230

Does the problem only occur with WIFI or even when you connect directly to modem via Ethernet cable?

• Idefizz
    Options

Hi @Son L. #34230

If it's only WIFI, quickly try:

This discussion has been closed.