Does reducing data plan to zero affect accumulated rollovers?

Options
Jacques_Assert
Jacques_Assert Posts: 159 ✭✭

Mobile plan with upgrades and accumulated rollover data.

If I reduce the data plan to zero, the upgrades apparently continue to work.

But what happens to the accumulated rollover data?

Does it age out as it did before, or is it removed when the data plan is reduced (to zero)?

Best Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @James B. 1599

Does reducing data plan to zero affect accumulated rollovers?

Yes:

• your data will stop accumulating, thus no new rollovers will ever be created
    • But you won't loose what you gained so far and it will be usable as long as your plan stays active.
    • But you won't be able to receive data gifted by Fizz members, which also partly somewhat lasts a bit shorter than a rollover (expiring at the end of your next payment cycle). See this paragraph for an example.

If I reduce the data plan to zero, the upgrades apparently continue to work.

Yes.

But what happens to the accumulated rollover data?

You'll keep them, and they will keep expiring and used at the same rate.

Does it age out as it did before

Yes

is it removed when the data plan is reduced (to zero)?

no.

Does my rolled over data instantly expire when I change my plan?

Of course not. You keep your rolled over data for two (2) complete payment cycles even if you change your plan during that time, and even if that new plan has no data.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-rollover-and-how-does-it-work

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The roll-over data that you have accumulated so far will stay with you until it expires. Nothing changes there. However, naturally you will not collect any more roll-over data, as upgrades do not roll-over (they are applied every month until they expire).

So in short: Roll-over data that you have now on your account, will stay until they ordinarily expire.

Answers

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Options

Idefizz, your detailed explanation is helpful but the one word answer should be no, it doesn't affect accumulated rollovers, though obviously you won't create more without a plan.

Also that observation about local vs. US rollovers creates some 'interesting' situations. Purchase a Quebec only 12GB plan for a month, and then switch to a 0GB plan with US+Canada coverage the next month and presto, you have 12GB US data for the price of local data.

• DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Options

Accumulated data is unaffected.

You still have these data until end of next billing. ( Days until end of this billing + days of whole next billing).

This discussion has been closed.