10% rebate but new phone bill price is the same?

Options
Aisha
Aisha Posts: 1 ✭✭

Received an email last night stating that there will be a change in price to my mobile plan and then further down it mentions a temporary rebate of 10% being applied even if you decide to change plans soon. The price that they shared with me, however, is the same price I've always been paying and am wondering if the 10% rebate should be applied. Otherwise, this email serves no purpose..

Best Answer

• Evan F. #28347
    Evan F. #28347 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

For people signed up a while ago they were allowed the low price throughout 2020 (I assume that's the 10% temporary rebate). If you signed up more recently the price increase probably doesn't apply to you, you've been paying it already. I agree it's probably a redundant e-mail, unless you were an old subscriber and just didn't notice the increase (should've just happened, at least it did for me)?

Answers

• Evan F. #28347
    Evan F. #28347 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options

Based on this: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/important-information-mobile-members-who-subscribed-october-17-2019

and other info I've read on the forums, I assume you signed up or changed your plan after October 17, 2019, so you've already been paying regular price. I believe the 10% rebate was during stabilization for people who signed up before April 12, 2019, and those prices were extended up until now, instead of until early 2020 like they originally planned. For people who signed up between April 12 and October 17, they've been paying the launch/introductory prices up until now. I'm unaware of any other 10% rebate.

Perhaps you signed up before April 12, but changed your plan so you've been paying regular price? Otherwise I'm not sure why you'd get flagged with that e-mail. I was a stabilization period sign-up, and my price increase e-mail didn't mention any 10% rebate, so that's the only conclusion I can come to.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, the email are quite confusing. It’s basically meant for people that signed up between April 12 and October 16 2019 they had an offer that these people would get the BETA Testing prices but only for a limited period of time. This limited time has now come to an end and their plans will increase. So if you signed up after 16 October 2019 your plan is not affected by any price changes.

• DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Options

Myself signed before apr-12-2019 , but my buddy signed up between April 12 and October 16 2019 . He just got $3 increase effective next month. 10% off will be bring his price back because he pay $20 or so now (beta price).

As long Fizz didn't increase mine (I signed before apr-12-2019), I'm ok on it 😁 Finger crossed 🤞

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Options

Signed up on Jan 4 2021 and paying $27 for Canada-wide mobile with 1GB data.

The plan price now says $28 for the same.

I received the 10% off email, but it quoted $27 as my reduced price.

I feel like someone hit send too soon.

This discussion has been closed.