HELP! Trying to cancel Internet Subscription

Options
Ceddy
Ceddy Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hello

I am trying to currently cancel my internet, however since I did not open my fizz account in the last 3 months it says that I had to re-sign up. I used the same email address but now it says I do not have a plan, so I cannot cancel....I do not wish to pay for the router if I am willing and able to send it back, I just do not have access to physically cancel. It says I do not have a current plan, so I cannot find the "cancel" button. Please help ASAP!!!!

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm under the impression that you signed up with a different email address. I realize you mentioned using the same but that could explain why you have no service assigned to it (thus cannot cancel it).

Chat with Fizz to find out what is happening or figure out the correct account that has the service you are paying for (the civic address and credit card might prove necessary).

The chat bubble is the best tool to reach Fizz. This forum is mostly for mutual help between customers.

To promptly chat with Fizz:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo 
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

ALTERNATIVELY, try leaving a message on Facebook Messenger (https://www.facebook.com/fizzca), iMessage or Twitter private. The advantages of their tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

Answers

• JuanPa
    JuanPa Posts: 236 ✭✭
    Options

Why cancel though? Otherwise, I think you should contact fizz support on FB...

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

I agree, best would be to reach out to support directly. As long as you keep them in the loop about what’s happening, I doubt they will charge you for the router.

This discussion has been closed.