How is the Internet Service?

Fountain42
Fountain42 Posts: 15 ✭✭

Hello all!

This question pertains to anyone who wants to chime in, but I would like to hear how current subscribers to Fizz's internet plan would rate the service. Uptime, expected speeds versus reality, customer service? How does it compare to the big ISP company's plans in your opinion?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I switched from Videotron. Never saw a difference. With reason: Fizz is from Videotron. Should have switched way earlier.

Uptime: 99.999%. I rebooted the modem once, not sure if it was Fizz' fault. But be aware, most satisfied users use their own router. Fizz' modem is good but its router function is known to disappoint many especially if you have a large area to cover.

Expected/real speed: 1-2 Gpbs more than what I pay for. Higher plans have a bigger difference I believe.

Customer service: not really comparable. Fizz is 100% online, like a self-serve portal. There is nobody to talk to 😅 So you must be 100% comfortable with using a keyboard when dealing with Fizz (setup and support). I always had a decent prompt support with their chat tool. The advantages of their tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation. But many use successfully Facebook Messenger .

Fizz also has a reward program: I currently pay 6$ less than my rate, thanks to leveling up.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Everything is really goood except the Fizz router if you want the best result buy a real router to do the job.

Example i have the 120 plan

But get a bit more 14.87/2.47 more than the expected 120/20

Answers

• Fountain42
    Fountain42 Posts: 15 ✭✭

1-2 Gbps more? The highest plan I see is 200 Mbps.

Are there plans I don't see, or speed upgrades?

• JuanPa
    JuanPa Posts: 236 ✭✭

Good generally, nothing bad to report so far!

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

As others have said, it's Vidéotron so network is reliable; the modem works well as a modem, not so well as a router, if you think paying 80$ for a router is worth saving 2-4 hours of your time a year or not being able to WFH for a short while, do yourself a favor and buy a router (TP-Link Archer A9 or C80 are good for the price and probably enough for most people); for speed, just like Vidéotron you get around 10% more than advertised (132/22Mbps on 120/20Mbps); no speed beyond 200/30Mbps as of now and I doubt it will change soon.

I'd also register more than 1 credit card for payments because Fizz is really not lenient on that, if the payment bounce, you have less than 48 hours to pay or they cut you off. That might be the biggest source of service outages, not the actual network lol.

This discussion has been closed.