DDNS not working?

Alex1337
Alex1337 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Software Version7.1.1.2.7b8

It looks like there was an update this morning (2021-04-23) that broke DDNS.

Can anyone confirm?

Also, tried to update parameters to force an update and got :

Maybe a config validation is broken in latest update?

Best Answer

• Alex1337
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓

Was confirmed by an email from support that the issue would require a full reset of the modem.

My understanding is that the issue is with the configuration becoming invalid with latest firmware.

Will close the issue in the forum as further support is not required.

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

My internet is working.

Did you check the led status? If one of the 2 arrows is flashing or off, it means a problem with the cable signal, then you need to check the cable connection or to contact Fizz in order to check the signal.

If it is a dns problem, did you try to use public dns?

Google 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

You can read these FAQ:

1- https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

2- https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-slow-how-do-i-make-it-faster

If your problem persists after having followed the guide, you can contact Fizz support by chat:

1. Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2. Open any of the Fizz FAQ help links above
    3. The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Fizzy

I am using Software Version7.1.1.2.7b8, so that is not the issue.

The update came in a few days ago.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

Hi @Alex1337

few troubleshooting question for you:

1. are you referring to the DDNS setting in Fizz' coda modem configs?
    2. And are you suggesting that a (firmware?) update was pushed and not pulled?
    3. And that any further firmware pull does not solve it?

I've never used Fizz' router settings but looking for a solution on internet returns too few solutions. So I'd suggest to:

• disable and re-enable DDNS in the coda settings
    • do a long reboot
    • go back one version if the console permits it
    • terminate any address for a final dot like in "my.prefered.domain.net." to see what it does
    • do a factory reset is all fails.
  • Fizzy
    edited April 2021

Know that firmware updates on Fizz modem are automatic and cannot be rolled back.

Alex1337, my bad, I misread your question.

And if all else fails, factory reset can be an option.

• Alex1337

@Fizzy

Yes but the issue is with DDNS not the DNS.

Internet is working fine.

What I do is that I reach my home/modem from outside for example something@ddns.net will resolve to 24.20.20.4.

@Idefizz

I don't know how to pull an update, the reason I though it might be a software update was the up time :

Yes I configured DDNS in coda settings. Did not connect on the page, changed settings recently (not in 2021 at least).

This have been configured for about 2 years and was working, I use it on a daily basis.

I will try a full reboot and more check on the error message when I try to update the DDNS config later. (end of the day or weekend)

• Idefizz

Ah, so Fizz removed the DDNS from the console. Bummer.

But wouldn't doing a factory reset give the chance to roll back to well factory settings?

• Alex1337

@Fizzy actually referring to DDNS settings in Advanced

• Fizzy

Yes I noticed. Unfortunately the issue does look to be caused by the firmware update.

We are not permitted to rollback the firmware update, but you can contact Fizz support to let them know about this issue.

• Idefizz

Thanks for providing valuable snapshots.

I'm still not excluding the fact that an update jinxed the DDNS configs.

But I realize now that my suggestion of adding a final dot was wrong since reading the error message again, it tips me on the opposite direction: remove a sub-domain from some personal addresses. You shouldn't have to do this after an update. But you could test it by trying by adding another domain name to a given device with by removing a level like my.device.net to deviceOne.net . This would test if the error about the dot (.) is accurate or just a side effect.

Another solution attempt would be to flush your DNS cache. Not sure of the impact at DDNS level.

• Ali S. #829
    Ali S. #829 Posts: 32 ✭✭

Mine works as well.

My HW is different though:

Hardware Version 2A

Software Version2.0.10.43b8

• samisheikh
    samisheikh Posts: 192 ✭✭

I am using dyndns, with hardware version 2A and software version 7.1.1.2.7b8. DDNS seems to be working fine for me.

• Ali S. #829
    Ali S. #829 Posts: 32 ✭✭

Do you have a CODA-4680? I wonder why my software version is different.

This discussion has been closed.