Address change switcharoo to release an address instead of locking it up?

Options
LPJJ
LPJJ Posts: 4 ✭✭

So I've contacted support and was told that I can't subscribe to my future address because the present tenants are subscribed. I've also been told that an unsubscription is only completed once the modem is received, so that means that in a best case scenario since we live a bit far, I am not gonna be able to subscribe before mid-May, and this isn't really something I can do.

So with these limitations, we came up with an idea but I want to get some confirmation before attempting it, basically the person would change his address for May1st and then cancel the service.

We're hoping the following would happen. On May 1st, his address is open for subscription since it is now allocated to a new address. On May1st, he cancels his service and he ships back his modem. The only address that would get stuck is the address he put down.

Is this something that could work? I can't go basically a month without internet due to work and being overly reliant on the internet these days.

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,935 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

As you have already contacted Fizz support, I'm sure they have mentioned to you the available options.

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,935 ✭✭
    Options

Hi LPJJ,

Sorry I cannot say that putting a fake address change would be a good idea.

Do know that if you are already an internet subscriber, and you are moving to your new place where the address is already locked up, you can bring the modem with you to the new address and the internet should continue to work. Others have followed this procedure in the past.

And once the address has been released / becomes available for home internet again, you must remember to put in your address change via your Fizz account.

• LPJJ
    Options

No I would be a new member, but I am not exactly interested in waiting 2-4 weeks just to get the service. The address wouldn't be fake technically, it would be his home address which can have Fizz, but he's going back to his parents house so no need for internet there.

• LPJJ
    Options

An unorthodox solution, but what if I took over his account? We verified and I can change all info: Payment information, names and e-mail. He's a co-worker so we know each other, basically on the 1st he would erase all his info, I would put in all of my info, and then we'd do an e-mail change via the chat thing, for all intents and purposes the account would be mine since his e-mail would be untied after the e-mail change?

• LPJJ
    Options

Well the person said I could take over his account but that it wasn`t recommended because it would have the old owner`s information, but since all that information can be changed... Well, thanks for the help, I will check my options.

This discussion has been closed.