My fizz router wifi issue !

Options
linlin L.
linlin L. Posts: 4 ✭✭

Recently my fizz router wifi can not connect , but the cable connecting fizz router works . other wifi extender connect fizz router by cable is working too . Only fizz wifi with router does not work . can not be joined . After we restarted the router . the fizz wifi with router works . but one day or two days , same issue happened again .

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,901 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi linlin L.,

Sorry you are having this internet issue.

Note that Wi-Fi difficulties can arise from several causes.

Here are 2 troubleshooting steps to try:

(A) Deactivate Band Steering 

As described here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-wi-fi-technologies-used-fizz#2

1) Go to: 192.168.0.1 on your browser

2) Login using the following information:

• Username: cusadmin
    • Password: xxxxxxxx (your WiFi password)

3) Go to this section to apply changes:

Wireless → General Settings → 5GHz → Band Steering (Disable)

(B) Manually select your modem's Wi-Fi channels

As described here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it#5

1. Connect to your Wi-Fi network. 

2. Open the browser on any device, and enter the address: 192.168.0.1

3. Login using these credentials:

• Username: cusadmin
    • Password: xxxxxxxx (your WiFi password)

4. In the green bar, select Wireless.

5. Then, select:

• General Settings 
    • 5 GHz and/or 2.4 GHz **
    • Wireless channel

6. Select a different channel

** To choose between 5GHz and 2.4GHz:

5GHz frequency band:

• Less exposed to interference (walls, etc.)
    • Faster maximum speeds
    • Less range

2.4GHz frequency band:

• More exposed to interference
    • Slower maximum speeds
    • Greater range

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,901 ✭✭
    Options

There are several more troubleshooting tips available here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

If any modem changes have caused a problem, you can factory reset your modem at any time.

Using a thin, pointed object, hold the restart button on the Wi-Fi modem for at least 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions as when you first installed it.

IMPORTANT: this operation will reset any changes that have been made to the settings of your Wi-Fi modem to date. You may also have to reconfigure the Wi-Fi settings of your devices (network name, password, etc. .)

The default username of your Wi-Fi network, as well as the corresponding password, are written on a sticker affixed to the back of your Wi-Fi modem (Default Wi-Fi network and Default key).

If the problem continues, you can contact customer support by Live Chat:

1. Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2. Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3. Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it
    4. The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

The best solution is to use your own router instead of the Fizz router.

Its cost some money but this solution is really nice.

Have a nice day :)

• vanigh
    vanigh Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Options

The best solution for your WiFi problem is to get a reliable router, (a good used router works fine) as you can read in this forum Fizz Modem/router WiFi is troublesome.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

I completely agree. The CODA Moden that is provided by Fizz is notoriously unreliable. I suggest to buy a good router and use the Fizz Modem in bridge mode. It’s one purchase and you are good to go for the next couple of years. I’ve been using my own router since the beginning and consistently get more than the speeds advertised.

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Options

As others have said, pretty much any 60$+ router will be better than the one built-in; if you have a larger home, many devices or 120+Mbps connection, you might want to splurge in 80-120$ range. I have a 2 story 1600sqft house and beside a small dead-zone in a corner of my living room, my 80$ TP-Link Archer A9 is more than enough, I get full 133Mbps on Wifi 5 (AC) pretty much everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.