is the referral code considered personal info?

Options
Simon
Simon Posts: 109 ✭✭
edited April 2021 in About my account

According to the Community Hub, we are not supposed to post any personal information, but I've seen a lot of people posting their referral code. My questions:

(1) Wouldn't the referral code be personal info?

(2) Do a lot of people (any?) come onto this forum before they join Fizz? Assuming not, is their an advantage for a current user to know someone else's code?

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

1) the referral code is not a personally identifiable information (like a phone number or email address). It is mean to be promoted BUT there are 2 places in this forum to display it

2) Some clients do come here before they activate their first service. The Referral code is useful upon activating the first service. Some come as a simple internet lurker without signing to the forum. As for your very last question, please specify "advantage", because to me 50$ is quite advantageous (if you know and use my code, wink, wink).

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

I believe Idefizz covered it well. The referral code is not linked to your personal information. As a matter of fact, Fizz introduced the referral code as a way to send data gifts, because it way better privacy wise.

Fizz openly says on their website that somebody an find a code in the forum from user. So that’s why first time users might come here :)

This discussion has been closed.