Quebec Coverage area is the same as Subscription Area?

Options
ValentinMTL
ValentinMTL Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have repeatedly been told by Fizz support agents (Raul and Adrian) that in order to use partner networks in Quebec I need a plan with Canada Coverage or the funds in my walled would be used.

I have a plan with Unlimited calls and Quebec Coverage. My wallet was used for calls received in Quebec.

I contacted support about it yesterday again I spent an hour on chat with Raul, and he kept repeating that the Quebec Coverage area is the same as Fizz subscription area.

"Well if it`s outside the subscription area, it means that it`s outside the Fizz coverage zone

When that happens roaming fees are applied."

"The green zone is the Fizz subscription zone and thus the Fizz coverage area."

I asked him to look at https://fizz.ca/en/faq/subscription-area-and-coverage-area, but that was not convincing enough.

Raul: "The pink area shown in the screenshot is basically outside the Fizz coverage zone, and is provided by our partner network where roaming fees are applied."

How are we supposed to get any meaningful support if support agents give incorrect information contradict the information posted on the Fizz website?

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Change agents until you get a better answer, or submit a complaint. Those chat agents seemed to me to be either misinformed or did not explain the issue well enough. You may be missing an info.

It's pretty literal in Fizz' documentation:

Now for the lingo itself, for Fizz the "Subscription area" is also called "Fizz Network" and the "coverage area is patner networks" [tho badly spelt BTW] (https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks). But nowhere does it say that using a partner automatically means paying for roaming.

The only explanation I could consider for your wallet usage is that your calls were not made IN MAJORITY in the subscription zone. But the only repercussion is that they could "[...] interrupt or block access to our network of partner providers Fizz EXT if you use your mobile service primarily on their networks for 3 consecutive payment cycles". Maybe there is am unknown rule that you get charged before you get blocked? Again, that is not expressed anywhere I could look. SRC: https://fizz.ca/en/coverage and https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

To form a complaint: https://zone.fizz.ca/dce/customer-ui-prod/#/account/contact-us

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Quebec coverage areas does not 100 % equal the subscription zone. In your case you are unfortunately outside the subscription area and would need Canada Coverage. It sucks that you are living so close at the zone border but there is not much you can do apart from purchasing Canada coverage, at least until the network is extended. Sorry, I wish I could help you but we are just a forum of users here.

• StefanM
    edited April 2021
    Options

But on the map you can very clearly see that he is in fact not in the subscription area. Quebec Coverage in the plan only refers to the actual subscription area in Quebec and not the coverage area in Quebec. At least that has always been my understanding.

• ValentinMTL
    Options

@StefanM, that is not where I live, it was where the call was received. It is 80+km from Ontario's border.

I live in Laval, which is very much in the subscription area.

Where do you get the information that the Quebec coverage=Subscription Area?

On the coverage map, it is very clear, Green is the Subscription Area, and pink is Quebec Coverage

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

True, although @Valentin E. did not specify living there.

• Only that he was charged for receiving a calls in Quebec (and fairly presumed to have been charged for a call received while in the pink zone).
    • maybe he tried to make a point regarding the text about partners shown in his snapshot rather than the region.

Also, his point was that the literal answer he got

• was literally in contradiction with the documentation.
    • or he received an answer that was incomplete enough (after an hour?) to have to rely on the forum.

So he should not despair and try again.

I mean what would have happened if he did not have wallet fees?

• ValentinMTL
    Options

@Idefizz I have an answer about what would happen if I did not have wallet fees. At least what used to happen. The incoming calls would terminate as "The number you have reached is not in service". Not even my voicemail. My family was freaked-out! That is another discussion I had with Fizz last year. Hopefully it was fixed.

I did try again. Took me a while to get the agent to confirm that the Quebec Coverage area is part of Quebec Coverage area. I know!!

Me: Pink area within the province of Quebec is part of Quebec Coverage plan? for example, Messines, QC

Agent: The green area on the map, shows the subscription area, meaning the area you can subscribe to Fizz and the coverage is provided by Fizz. The pink area is the area where the coverage is provided by partner networks and you will need a Canada plan. As such, if you are located on an area colored in pink on the map, you will need a Canada coverage plan to be able to make and receive calls, send texts or use your mobile data.

Me: So the Quebec coverage only includes the Green area on the map?

Agent: Indeed. The coverage area for a Quebec plan, is the green area of the map.

Me: So on the coverage map, the pink area labeled as Quebec Coverage is not part of the Quebec Coverage plan?

Agent: If you will use the phone in that specific region displayed on the map as Quebec Coverage, your plan will allow you to use the services, on a partner network.

Agent: yes, occasionally, you will be able to use the plan on that area of the Quebec coverage, but no more than 3 consecutive months.

After that, it was easy enough to get him to create a ticket for the wallet fees.

So the problem is, Many agents are giving wrong information about the same very basic question. How do we get Fizz QA to notice and make sure agents get the right information during training? Having to explain the Fizz policy to Fizz agents is very frustrating.

Even asking to speak to a manager is not very productive since the manager are always "in a meeting" as opposed to being available to escalation requests.

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,935 ✭✭
    Options

ValentinMTL, I believe your reasoning is correct.

Thank you for bringing this matter to Fizz's attention.

• ValentinMTL
    edited April 2021
    Options

@Fizzy, do you work for Fizz? If not, I do not believe I really brought it to Their attention. Not sure how much the people who have the power to do something about it pay attention to this forum. Hopefully they do.

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,935 ✭✭
    Options

Whizz and Fizz employees do read this forum.

Like you, I am a Fizz customer.

• StefanM
    Options

Fizz extensively ready this forum. So they definitely will see it.

• StefanM
    Options

My mistake. For some reason I interpreted it as living there/having moved. I don’t know why. You are absolutely correct. It was never specified that he lived there.

This discussion has been closed.