Is there a way to find out who/ block a private caller?

There's someone who's been constantly calling me from a private number. The person knows my name, but I have no idea who they are. It's ab older man claiming to have found me on Facebook.

He only calls from a private number, so I can block the number myself. Or even see it. I have no choice to pick up private calls could be service Canada , dr , etc ...

Any idea what I can do to make it stop?

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Sorry you are receiving such disturbing calls.

If the calls continue, you should kindly inform the caller that you wish to left alone and will be reporting him to the police. You should keep a record of the calls and contact your local police. Here is some advice from Montreal police: https://spvm.qc.ca/en/Fiches/Details/Harassment

There is a Call Trace function (dial *57 after the call) that works on home phones, but I have never tried this with Fizz cell service. Note that Call Trace information is only released to the authorities upon their request.

Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

You still can ask the support of Fizz but i dont think you can get it unless you take legal action. The principel of a private number if to be sure no one get your number when you call.

• MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭

Hi, Lindsay W.

Sorry about this situation.

Normally, you can block this phone number on your cellular phone.

If you have an iphone,

First, Enter the unwanted phone number.

Go to: Settings - Phone - Block the contact

This discussion has been closed.