does the technician call you to inform you he's there?

Options
CHIDORI
CHIDORI Posts: 1 ✭✭

the technician is still not here and I'm getting worried. time slot is between 7:30 and 12:00PM and no one texted me or called me to say that they are on their way. Now it's 10:34 and I still don't have any news. How can I contact the technician to be sure he's on his way?

Best Answer

Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

The tech won't call you. It is normal.

The technician won’t contact you if he plans to be there within the time slot reserved. He’ll only contact you if he is early or late based on what was planned.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address#5

• CHIDORI
    Options

So how am I suppose to know that the tech is there??

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

Dont worry you still are une the time frame and some time he can be late too.

• CHIDORI
    Options

I do need to worry! It's the first time that I use your services and there's absolutely no way to talk to an an agent. It's panicking. I waited for a very long time for this appointment and don't want to miss it. So how is the tech suppose to contact me to tell me he's here? That's what I don't get. To they knock? Are they going to call me?? Am I just going to miss the appointment and be disappointed? I need a clear answer please!

• CHIDORI
    Options

So how can I track the tech and how will I know that he's there for my appointment? I live an in apartment like a lot of people so I'm worried that I'll miss the appointment. Can someone please help me? Is there any way I can speak with someone that can help me?

• Idefizz
    Options

The tech delivers your modem so they will ring, knock like any pizza delivery. Not calling you if he thinks he is on time.

If the technician is planning to be at the address earlier or later he’ll let you know by calling you at the number you provided when you planned this appointment

The clearest answer will come by chatting with Fizz which I suggest you do AFTER the due time as you are probably not the first costumer of the day.

If you absolutely need to contact Fizz, chatting is the only way. Chat bubble is the best tool to reach Fizz. This forum is mostly for mutual help between customers. To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo 
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

ALTERNATIVELY, try leaving a message on Facebook Messenger (https://www.facebook.com/fizzca), iMessage or Twitter private. The advantages of their tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

But you could miss the doorbell if you chat 😉

• Idefizz
    Options

To check the time slot reserved for your appointment, log into your Fizz account. Select your Home Internet plan and click on My Appointments. The time slot you see there is your reference.

• CHIDORI
    Options

I know my time slot, I'm the one who took the appointment... I'm asking those questions specifically in regards of that. I've been up since 6AM just to wait for the tech so I'll very disappointed if he does not show up for this appointment that I've been waiting for a long time.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

He will ring the bell or call so dont worry you wont miss it. And he can be late too.

This discussion has been closed.