Transferring number

Options
Dreiji
Dreiji Posts: 1 ✭✭

I just transferred my phone number from Fido to Fizz. Do I need to call Fido to cancel my account or is that done automatically when number was transferred?

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,896 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Dreiji,

Never cancel your old provider account while waiting for your phone transfer to complete. Your old provider account must be kept active.

Once the transfer is complete, at that time, your old provider account will close automatically and your old SIM card will cease to function.

Welcome to Fizz!

Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

This should be automatic. You can check on your fido account if the plan is still active but it should be desactivated after the transfert. Have a nice day :)

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

For mobile phone service don't cancel. Fizz takes care of the transfer and the cut off date is triggered by Fizz so the old provider has to respect it. You can still call the old provider but only to understand how the last bill will taken care of (prorata, device payment ba;lance, etc).

Important to know:

• Only mobile numbers coming from the province of Quebec or the Ottawa region can be transferred
    • Only numbers from the Fizz subscription area can be transferred to Fizz. If your number starts with an area code outside the subscription area, your number cannot be transferred.
    • It is currently impossible for us to transfer phone numbers that are associated with landlines and VOIP.

More on that: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

This is different from home Internet service where Fizz will install the coax line and deliver modem. But once satisfied with the signal, you need to call the old provider to stop paying.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

As mentioned before, your account with Fido is automatically cancelled once the number has been transferred. So you don’t need to do anything in particular. Welcome to Fizz, happy to have you :)

This discussion has been closed.