In Fizz it is available 5G network?

Dmend
Dmend Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited March 2021 in My Mobile

In Fizz it is available 5G network with the correct phone?

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Dmend, at the moment, the Fizz mobile service uses 4G and 3G networks only.

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

No, unfortunately not yet. Fizz only offers 4G and 3G right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce it later down the line. They always try to improve their services for their members.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

Not yet offered.

Keyword is YET. Because it is reasonable to presume they will offer it. Every carrier wants in.

So if you are choosing your service carrier for a mid to long term, note that Videotron (Fizz's mother company) recently announced a 5G coverage deployment plan:

Source: https://videotron.com/residential/p/mobile/5g/A-psku13630330e#:~:text=Like%20all%20Canadian%20mobile%20providers,over%20the%20next%20few%20years.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

No they dont offert 5G at the moment. But it will be comming some day.

But, in reality, i think 4G (LTE) do a really good job i get around 140Mbs and a ping of 13ms on the lte so im happy with it.

• Lancer
    Lancer Posts: 3 ✭✭

Sadly not yet. The 5G rollout in Canada is gonna likely happen first with the big "premium" providers like Videotron, Bell and Rogers.

And since Fizz is much more of a value service provider than a premium one, we can expect a bit of delay after those other guys have got it to keep the prices low and competitive.

But 4G LTE, which is what Fizz offers in most areas, is plenty fast for most people so we should be good even if we don't have 5G!

This discussion has been closed.