Relocating Unit for Home Internet in the same Building

Mahdi A. #37757
Mahdi A. #37757 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 2021 in Internet

Hi all,

I'm planning to change my unit to the same floor in the same building. How to inform Fizz to change or activate my port in the new unit?

Best

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Mahdi,

Your move request can be done online from your Fizz account.

1. Log into your Fizz account and click on My plans.
    2. Select your internet plan and click on Manage my plan.
    3. Click on Moving my service.
    4. Follow the instructions. You’ll have to:
      • validate the availability of the Fizz Home Internet service at your new address;
      • confirm your new plan;
      • schedule your installation appointment at your new address;
      • confirm your deactivation date at your current address.

On your moving day, don’t forget to bring your Fizz Wi-Fi modem with you at your new service address.

More available info here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-moving-how-do-i-change-my-address-my-home-internet-service

If you have any questions for Fizz, you can Live chat with Fizz support:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca

2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.

3- Open the help link page mentioned above from Fizz Solution Hub.

4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

Hello @Mahdi A. #37757

If you are not changing address but simply want to relocate the coax cable entry , Fizz will do it for 60$ after you book an appointment as explained in the page: "I would like to add or relocate an outlet"↗️ . The following is an excerpt:

Booking an appointment to have an outlet relocated:

► You just subscribed. A technician needs to check/configure your connection and deliver your Wi-Fi modem, he will then relocate your outlet during the installation visit. See: Home Internet Subscription↗️

► You are already installed with Fizz home Internet: you must contact our Customer Service team, simply log into your Fizz account and click on the chat bubble in the bottom right corner.

To chat with Fizz:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big green question mark
    3. Click it, a bubble will appear
    4. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    5. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo 
    6. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

ALTERNATIVELY, try leaving a message on Facebook Messenger, iMessage or Twitter private. The advantages of their tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

You can do it easily yourself. My plans -> Manage my plans -> relocation.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

You have to make a relocation and a technicien will come to do the job.

Have a ncie day :)

This discussion has been closed.