Data-only for iPad, doable?

FrankMtl
FrankMtl Posts: 1 ✭✭

So I've been reading the boards and appreciate your opinion: I create a basic 3 GB data plan, switched off all options so 3GB for 22$. While expensive at first, (I use the data for emergencies), will the unused data roll over to the next month? In essence by month 2, I'd pay 22$ for 6 GB? or am I missing something?

The SIM will work within the cellular iPad yes?

Thanks for your help.

Best Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,997 ✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓

Unused data from a data plan will last for 2 more months and be put in a distinct bucket named Rollover with the date on it.

Say you do not use any of it, the following month you will have 6GB in 2 buckets (current plan and rollover). And by the 3rd you will have 9GB in 3 buckets have each distinct expiration dates.

More on rollover:

If you iPad accepts a SIM, usually yes. But check first to see if the device is compatible : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Provided that your iPad accepts a sim, then yes, it should work.

Your assessment is correct: All unused data rolls over. Important to note: Rolled-over data expires in 60 days.

Answers

• FrankMtl
    FrankMtl Posts: 1 ✭✭

@Idefizz @StefanM Thank you both. Yes my iPad takes a SIM as I've been with both Bell and Fido LTE so it should not be a problem unless there's some APN I'd need to configure.

Otherwise I'll spring for the 22$ data only.

Thanks again

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.