Internet Modem

Options
Silvester387
Silvester387 Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi, So I’m In Self Quarantine For 2 Weeks And The Tech Guy Cannot Get Inside My House To Plug The Wifi. However, Myself Can Easily Do It. Would Fizz Be Able To Just Send The Modem To My House Without The Tech Guy Coming?

Best Answer

• NinjaBunga
    NinjaBunga Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Personnally here's what I would do.

I would either leave a message on my door for the tech so he/she knows to leave the modem at the door without contact. Or I would contact Fizz's support team to let them know.

I base this recommandation on my installation that was done 2/3 months ago. When the technician came to do the installation he didn't drop & leave. I answered the door and he did the installation normally (with a mask on obviously). He check the signal from inside the appartment and so on.

So if you are in quarantine, I assume that you have good reason to do so. I would definately let them know prior to your installation date or at least let them know through a note on your door.

I am note sure, but I think there was no coax cable in the modem box. So the tech will need to make you one. I imagine that if you give them the lenght of the cable that you need upfront they will be able to do one for you before end.

Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options

The tech is the delivery guy 😀 but he will stay at the door. No problem especially if you do a self install.

COVID-19 Update: As part of the precautionary measures against the COVID-19 virus, our technician will leave your Fizz Wi-Fi modem at your door. The verification of your connection will be done from outside. You'll then have to follow our simple instructions to install your modem and configure your network yourself. The technician will be in his truck and won’t leave until he can validate everything is good to go.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address

• Charles P. #30561
    Charles P. #30561 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Options

You can easy do yourself

• Charles P. #30561
    Charles P. #30561 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Options

I just did it

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

The tech guy need to bring you the modem but he not enter your house because of covid anayay so juste choose auto-installation and you will be fine.

My modem came with a black coaxial cable for my part. The tech refuse to enter my house for my part so maybe it depend on the tech. If the enter its 60$ because you get the VIP installation.

Have a nice day :)

• NinjaBunga
    NinjaBunga Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options

I was also on the self-installation package and the tech came in.

Jeff3000 is correct there is a black coax cable in the box.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options

As mentioned, just choose out installation. That way the tech guy is dropping it off and you can do a self installation :)

Also @Silvester387 , thank you for following public health measure and do you part to keep us safe! I wish everybody was like that. We wouldn’t have all the variants flying around.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

Do you get your installation ?

This discussion has been closed.