Refferal didn't work while subscribing

Kearns
Kearns Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi,

I am new to fizz and a friend of mine sent me a link to subscribe to Internet with his referral code. While activating, it kept telling me there was an error with the referral so I couldn't complete the order. I tried to go further by removing the referral and it went through (it was the final step). I took a screen shot of the error message while activating.

What can I do so that we can both receive our referral bonus?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Kearns , I presume there was no typo in the code.

Taking a screenshot was smart. Submit your snapshot to Fizz by chat. They will help you as referral is a big promotional/on-boarding advertising strategy.

To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues
    2. Look bottom right for the big green question mark
    3. Click it, a bubble will appear
    4. Submit your question with your screenshot and referral code that you tried to use
    5. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

The "?" not visible? Make sure…

• you scroll through the page and after 10-15 seconds the ? bubble will appear in the bottom right corner of the page.
    • you are logged in with your account
    • no browser extension blocks its appearance (ad blocker or plugins like "NoScript").
    • javascript is enabled.
    • try with a different browser
    • try on another device
    • ALTERNATIVELY, try leaving a message on Facebook Messenger, iMessage or Twitter private.

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Hi there,

You can only use a referral code once per Account. In order to use it for your internet plan, you will need to create a separate account. As a matter of fact, many people are doing this to make use of the referral.

• Any one person can only be referred once, when they subscribe to their first Fizz service. For example, if a person subscribes to the Fizz mobile service without using a referral code, she won’t be able to use one when she adds another mobile plan or subscribes to the Home internet service (the reference code field will have disappeared). 

More info here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-invite-friends-to-join-fizz

Hope this helps!

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭

Hi @Kearns ,

I will add to take a look at the referral code of your friends and make sure there is no doubt about the letters vs numbers : "O" and "0" or "1" and "I" etc.... It might explain why there was an error in your referral code.

Good Luck

• Kearns
    Kearns Posts: 1 ✭✭

Thank you for helping me, I contacted Fizz through messenger and they applied the credit!

This discussion has been closed.