Transferred my number. Website says Activation pending. Everything works. What gives?

jmhamel_62
jmhamel_62 Posts: 1 ✭✭

Would like to receive confirmation that everything is okay to go ahead and cancel previous provider. Never received any texts or email saying activation and transfer successful and my account still shows no usage on the phone. I texted , called and streamed not on wi-fi. Anyone else this happened to?

Best Answer

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ho in this cas its not normal. You should contact the support, i recommend on facebook. We are client juste like you here and i dont think i can do mutch to help you in this case.

What compagnie is your old provider ? Its weird you dont reiceive the sms expect if you are from Videotron.

Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

The full transfert can take about 2-4 hours. If all work its good but its normal for the system to complete fully the transfert. The transfert should automaticly cancel your old provider.

• jmhamel_62

Forgot to mention it's been two whole days before I tried the fizz sim card since I was not receiving any notifications.

• jmhamel_62

I'll check my account a little later then. Thanks

• jmhamel_62

Ok thanks I'll try Facebook. I did receive a SMS from Telus once I started the activation process and answered yes to the transfer but after that and 2 days later still nothing from Fizz and my account still shows as Activation pending and yet the phone works.

• redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭

There is a new system in place to prevent SIM swapping fraud, so it can take a bit longer than before.

This discussion has been closed.