When would I cancel Bell internet for transfer?

Hello, my Fizz internet is scheduled to be installed this Saturday, when would I cancel my Bell internet service? Before, the day of, or after the day of Fizz installation? I'm concerned there may be difficulties installing if the Bell service is still active...Thanks

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Hi Derek

There is no problem to have both internet services running concurrently. They use different network & infrastructure.

Best to wait until your Fizz internet is fully setup and you have tested it out, before cancelling with Bell. When you call Bell, they will accept same day cancellation.

Welcome to Fizz!
  • Alexandre L. 85994
    Alexandre L. 85994 Posts: 531 ✭✭
    I would recomand yiu to cancel your bell forfait when Fizz is good to go!
    Good luck! :)
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    You can have both without problem. They dont use the same network. You should keep bell until fizz is here and working.

When i made the move from teksavvy to Fizz i take my time and wait 3 days before cancel the old one (note i have to pay until y call for cancelation). So its your choice when you call just make sur to not fall ina hole where you donct have internet. Have a nice day :)
  • Derek L. #41358
    Derek L. #41358 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Thank you all very much for your help!
  • Seu_Madruga
    Seu_Madruga Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Hey Derek,

I would sincerelly suggest that you wait for the Fizz internet to be up and running before cancelling Bell. When this is fine, just call Bell and they will ask when you want the Internet to be cancelled, and you can say the next day.

And welcome to Fizz :) Hope you like it.

Have a nice day.
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    @Derek if you get your answer you can choose the best answer to close the question .Have a nice day :)
  • Qwertysac
    Qwertysac Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Hi Derek, I would suggest cancelling your bell internet plan after your Fizz internet installation is completed. There will not be any difficulties completing the Fizz installation even if the Bell service is still active. Once your Fizz installation is finished and your internet is working, you can then call Bell to advise them that you want your Bell internet plan cancelled immediately. Confirm that you want it cancelled the day of and not at the end of the billing cycle. This will ensure that everything goes smoothly. thanks!
This discussion has been closed.