I cannot add my son as a contact even though he is listed as "The full experience". Help?

Options
I am trying to gift my son data, but cannot add him as a contact. I have searched all the FAQ and solutions hub and forum questions, but there seems to be a technical problem with my account where search does NOT return any results. I have not be able to add anyone. The summarize, my son has the "Full Experience" set in his profile. I searched using the full 10 digit number with no spaces or dashes as well as trying with his email address. NOTHING WORKS! Anyone have any ideas how I can get help with this? There are no chat bubbles to contact them as indicated either. I was a happy Fizz user until I am trying to contact them to get support.

Answers

• Gabriele G.
    Gabriele G. Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Options
    I think this function was disabled for some privacy concerns that Fizz is fixing. You should be able to add new contacts as soon as the problem is solved. You may try to contact the Fizz support from your account to have more information.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,723 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi William

You can still gift data, you cannot gift the perks received from Fizz. But you can gift the data of your current month, your son must have a data plan.

1- Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2- Scroll to the plan (if you have more than one in your account) that you want to gift from.
    3- Click Gift.
    4- On the next screen, choose Start gifting.
    5- Gift to a new friend. This will open the gifting tool. Use the phone number
    6- Select the amount of data you wish to gift and click Next.
    7- Customize a message to the recipient and click Send.

Yesterday the support closed at 4pm

Today they are open

You can contact Fizz support by chat

1- Log in to your account (see top right).
    2- Any ad blocker in your browser must be disabled.
    3- You must be on a help sheet: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work
    4- The green bubble should appear in bottom right of the page
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi William,
    I can’t add any contacts either. Must have been disabled by Fizz. However, you can still gift data to him.
    MyPlans > Gift Data > Start Gifting > Gift to New friend > type in his number > confirm.
    Hope this helps! Happy New Year :)
  • Emmanuel S. #36497
    Emmanuel S. #36497 Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Options
    It also will not let me add a contact, must be an issue with the site.
This discussion has been closed.