Why don't I have any internet (4G) when I leave the province?

I'm visiting my family in Ontario (normally located in Quebec) and since I crossed the provincial border I can't connect to internet anymore. Is this normal?

Answers

• MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Gregory,
    Do you have the coverage Canada in your Fizz mobile plan?
    If yes, activate also the roaming on your phone to get service with the Fizz's partners.
  • Benoit
    Benoit Posts: 519 ✭✭
    Hi Gregory,
    You need the Canada coverage. If you only have Quebec coverage, the cell will not work (data, text, phone),.
    If you have the right coverage, don’t forget to activate the data roaming on your phone.
  • Gabriele G.
    Gabriele G. Posts: 167 ✭✭
    As far as you have Canada coverage, it should work. Check your plan.
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Hi Gregory,
    Did you activate Canada Coverage on your monthly plan and is the roaming on?
    I visit my partner in Ontario quite often and always have lighting speed LTE Data.
    You could also try to check whether your APN settings are correct: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn
  • Thanks for your answers, but I actually do have coverage all over canada, I have activated roaming and I have the APN setup as instructed by Fizz.
    Anybody have other ideas why it doesn't work?
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Did you try to put flight mode on and restart the phone? Sometimes that solves the Problem. Also try to manually switch from LTE to 3G as a test.
This discussion has been closed.