My modem won't connect to the internet?

Options
Kim M. 68455
Kim M. 68455 Posts: 2 ✭✭
My service was disconnected this week because of a billing error (wrong credit card). I have since then corrected the error and my credit card has been successfully billed. I received an email confirming that my internet service had been reactivated. The problem is that my modem will no longer connect to the internet. I tried disconnecting power for 10 seconds without success. I also tried a factory reboot with no success. What have I missed? All the lights on the modem are on except for the @.

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,783 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi
    You did not missed anything
    You need to contact the support, it seems a problem on their side

You can contact Fizz support by chat, from 8 AM to 9 PM everyday:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/whats-my-rewards-program
    3- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Matthew A. #24717
    Matthew A. #24717 Posts: 375 ✭✭
    Options
    They say this can take a 2 hours to reconnect, but you should chat with support there is likely a glitch in reactivating your account.
  • Karl B. #29906
    Karl B. #29906 Posts: 214 ✭✭
    Options
    I've head in other posts that it sometimes take more time like 3-4 hours. I'd suggest you contact them anyway just to make sure.
  • Kim M. 68455
    Kim M. 68455 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    I forgot to mention that it's been since yesterday. I chatted with support. It is apparently a known issue. They will get back to me once they have figured it out....
  • Mastaiso
    Mastaiso Posts: 835 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Kim, in the meantime you can try rebooting your modem from time to time.
This discussion has been closed.