No installation appointments until September 26?

Options
Not a question, more of a comment. We had an installation appointment on September 1st from 5pm-9pm. It's a new apartment, so some wires need to be set up that we can't do ourselves. We were in the midst of moving boxes up the elevator when the technician called. I called back 5min after once my hands were free. He'd already moved on at that point and said he couldn't come back. The next appointment available was September 22, which we booked.
I work from home and use a VPN, which uses up a lot of internet. I've had to pay upfront from my personal data to continue to work, and sometimes it doesn't even work which is a fairly serious issue. Anyway, I understand that it's a busy period right now...just a word of caution for others so that they can avoid experiencing the same situation.

Answers

• HABS
    HABS Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Options
    More an more people working from home that needs good internet. Demand is very high. Sorry for this delay and good luck.
  • Luke M.
    Luke M. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    sorry to hear this...its happened to me as well.
  • Matthew A. #24717
    Matthew A. #24717 Posts: 375 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jennifer,
    Yikes! That’s a good warning to answer the call on an installation day! I guess you had luck moving up your appointment from the 11th to the first, I hope you can do the same this time - Data can really add up. Maybe a new neighbour can make you a guest on their Wi-Fi until yours is installed? I great way to meet some neighbours :)
This discussion has been closed.