Why is switching back to my old phone plan making me pay more?

Cagney
Cagney Posts: 1 ✭✭
I was paying $26.41 for Quebec Coverage. I switched to include all of Canada, which put up the price, which is understandable. After switching, I realized I made a mistake, and wanted to switch back. So I set my plan back to only Quebec coverage, but now the price is $32.72.
Why is this?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 21,397 ✭✭
    Because you changed the plan. With any plan change, you are going to pay the actual price.

If the new cycle did not start, try to contact the support to see if they can do somehting

You can contact Fizz support by chat, from 8 AM to 9 PM everyday:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-mobile-plan
    3- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Kurt V.
    Kurt V. Posts: 353 ✭✭
    The plans that are offered change, so the offer that you had before is probably no longer available
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 11,633 ✭✭
    Cagney,

Whenever you switch your plan or start a new account, you have to select a plan from the current list being offered and pay the current ongoing rate.

So unfortunately once you switch out of a grandfathered plan, that old plan is longer available for you. This ruling applies to both mobile and home internet plans.

The good news is that any account upgrades and discounts you have earned will remain active.
    Fizz states they offer fair and competitive plan pricing at all times. So keep a lookout on offers as they may change again to reflect market prices/demand.
  • Stanley M.
    Stanley M. Posts: 279 ✭✭
    When you change plan you get the current price probably you had a plan for Quebec before that no longer exist.
  • Patrick D. 61567
    Patrick D. 61567 Posts: 346 ✭✭
    That is unfortunate, when you change your plan, you loose the beta price you had.
    However, if you contact fizz support and explain the error, maybe they could help you get your price back.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,731 ✭✭
    Cagney,
    Unfortunately, when you change your Fizz plan, you must pay the actual price for it.
This discussion has been closed.