How can I install the internet if someone is already suscribed at the same address?

Options
Clara T. #24310
Clara T. #24310 Posts: 1 ✭✭
I am moving on july 2nd and I want the internet installed in the first few days of the month but the neighbors are already suscribed to fizz at the same address. How can I make sure a technician will be able to come install it in time if they haven't already cancelled their account?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,755 ✭✭
    Options
    You need to wait that the previous tenant is moving or cancelling his internet.

I cannot validate this, but I am sure at 95% of the following

Bring your modem and your modem will work, since no one will disconnect the cable the first days of July, if they disconnect on that day it will be by error.
    However, you should check every day, since you need to wait that the previous tenant will move or cancel in order to plan your appointment,
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Clara! Thanks 4 your magnifico question! :)
    Normally if there no service with internet with Videotron or Fizz, u can connect it. If the person have service u need to unsubscribe him before installing your internet services.
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today, if you have furthers questions i'm here to answer!
    Have a great day and don't hesitate to mark my answer as the best. :)
  • J D. #792
    J D. #792 Posts: 316 ✭✭
    Options
    as long as the service is not interrupted, you should be able to connect using your existing modem. When I moved, the old tenant is using Videotron. I plug in my modem and it connects. I believe Fizz/Videotron is using the MAC address of the modem to identify the user account and will know if the account is active or not. If your line still have service and your account is active, you should be good.
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Clara!
    Problem resolved?
This discussion has been closed.