Is there a way for me to control bandwidth allocation between devices - home internet?

Options
Oleg V.
Oleg V. Posts: 8 ✭✭
I recently got roomates and they are hogging the internet a lot, which makes everything go very slow for me. Is there a way that i can control bandwidth allocation through my router/modem or any other way; like through some software?
thank you

Answers

• Isabelle P. #15966
    Isabelle P. #15966 Posts: 832 ✭✭
    Options
    I advise you in chatted with fizz via the chat bubble or via messenger from their Facebook page. They respond fairly quickly. They will be able to solve your problem. Have a good day
  • techblow
    techblow Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi there. I read your article and this article gives me an ample amount of knowledge. you have researched this and I really appreciate the way you describe the article. Here we share easy tips to canon printer setup.
    https://bit.ly/3byvrLh
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,896 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Oleg,

If your roommates are using more than 1 device each, you can limit their access by device (e.g. only 1 device allowed per roommate). Another possibility you may consider letting them use only one band (2.4G) and keeping the 5G wifi band for yourself. Or possibly limiting them to the Guest wifi. Otherwise you may have to do as Mike suggested and use your own router.
    @techblow, please don't post unwanted spam in this forum.
  • Qulbut
    Qulbut Posts: 3,422 ✭✭
    Options
    Follow my friends advise !
This discussion has been closed.