fizz plan increased ?

Olivier R. #3666
Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
What happen price increase again ? Cell + internet why ?

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,817 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Yes Fizz can change prices. They are giving 30 days notification to some customers who have the grandfathered stabilization price.

Before posting a reply here, please note that this question is more than a year old, from March 2020.

Answers

• clau3166
    clau3166 Posts: 130 ✭✭
    My internet cost hasn't changed but I can't say for mobile.
  • AntonioMar
    AntonioMar Posts: 788 ✭✭
    Is your problem resolved?
  • wasila
    wasila Posts: 4 ✭✭
    If you ever change your plan or any detail on your plan the new pricing will apply. thats how it works.
  • Steven R. #6068
    Steven R. #6068 Posts: 6 ✭✭

My partner just got an email, they are raising her current plan, that they've had since indroductory prices by 3$. The good times are dying friends

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

Its append at all compagnie price incrase over time its inflation. Each years your job paid you more so the service go up do its the cycle of money :)

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

The competitor Oxio said their fees increased because as a virtual operator (MVNO, like Fizz) because the working/study from home increased traffic by 30%. But they chose not to touch current client contracts, only future ones.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Fizz is adjusting and changing their prices and offers all the time. Unfortunately, this time it has gone up in price.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

But what is the current price of Oxio ?

I mean i change my provider when price is to hight for me. Its sad but i accept it. Compagny grow and increase their price. New small challenger appear who as better price so its time to change. And so on and so on.My internet plan seem more stable but for my cell phone i change when its needed.

Taksavvy too (my old internet provider) always said they wont increase the price and they care about old client ect but after some time they start to increase an in they end they where too price for me.

So, in my opinion, is the customer job tu change when the price us to hisght. But many customer stay so the provider continue to raise the price.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

Dunno their pricing exactly but it was relatively similar (although TV but no mobile IIRC). I was replying about the reason fees increase. While I agree the inflation is one thing, their reason seemed to be largely based on pandemic traffic. As for fizz, it seems to be about some expiration of grandfathered contracts: do they have so many that it makes a difference in their books?

And I totally agree: it's the consumer's responsibility to check if the price paid matches their expectations with services rendered. It's only business.

This discussion has been closed.