Quebec is getting more area codes - Did any of you get a 514 phone number with Fizz?

FizzFanTim
FizzFanTim Posts: 86 ✭✭

We’re running out of phone numbers! Montreal will see a third area code - 263 - join the OG 514 

Off-island and Western Quebec are also getting new area codes. With that in mind, have you gotten a 514 number from Fizz? I’m considering a new line but I’m afraid I’ll be given a 438. It not good for a respectable fellow like myself. Is number allocation entirely up to chance or can you request a premium deluxe 514?

(Photo credit: Journal de Montréal)

Answers

• Olga P. #15146
    Olga P. #15146 Posts: 719 ✭✭
    "second-class citizen 438 numbers" what is that? did you loose you mind? those kind of numbers exist from at least 2016. who cares about 514 or 438? except your magesty of course? :-D
  • Chris K. #7521
    Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭
    Just transfer your existing 514 number, problem solved.
  • lsabelle
    lsabelle Posts: 710 ✭✭
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!

This is so funny!
    Thank's for the laugh!
  • Beter
    Beter Posts: 133 ✭✭
    I have an idea so you can keep the 514 number.
    I kept my 514 number with teleporting it to fizz.
    Get a prepaid account with a 514 number and then teleport it to fizz. This should work.
    Teleport, can be done at the 1st step of setting up your fizz account once you get your sim card.
  • FizzFanTim
    FizzFanTim Posts: 86 ✭✭
    I would not be porting over, it would be a brand new line. Anyone get a 514 on a fresh line? Much love to my 514 original gangstas. And @Olga I swear I’m kidding.
  • Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    I hope you are joking...!
  • Anthony I. #889
    Anthony I. #889 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    I transferred my existing 514.
    There's a sizable group of people who think 438 numbers are less trustworthy so i can understand that you'd want a 514. Those feelings are ridiculous because 438 numbers have been around for years and is just as valid as any 514.
    I don't think you can get a 514 with fizz but I could be mistaken.
  • Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    Omg... just port your 514 number
  • Foxfleur
    Foxfleur Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I was able to get a 514 number from Virgin in 2016, which surprised me because I assumed I'd have to settle for a 438 at the time. I ported it over to Fizz.
  • Takion
    Takion Posts: 330 ✭✭
    I will only be using in 2 to 3 years from now
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    You're joking...
    Just port your 514 number...
  • Mathieu B. 1569
    Mathieu B. 1569 Posts: 19 ✭✭
    You don't have a number you can carry from another provider? For me it was simple to transfer my number to Fizz, no need for a new one. I like the humor in your post though
  • Peenis
    Peenis Posts: 91 ✭✭
    I got the good old 438. I was looking for the 514 but hey you can’t have everything
  • We were able to get one 514 number with a new line from Fizz, but our second line was a 438
This discussion has been closed.