Refurbished Phones

I wonder if it would be possible for Fizz to partner up with a reputable refurbished/demo phone site where we could buy phones we already know work on the Fizz network but wouldn't have to be run by Fizz. Maybe Fizz members get a discount on phones, or discounts on phones could a be a perk. I don't know the landscape in Canada for companies that sell phones like that, but I am thinking of something like Gazelle.com in the US. Food for thought.

Answers

• Toe
    Toe Posts: 60 ✭✭
    As you know , there is support issue in fizz side since beginning. It is not right time to even think about it , before fizz make their support system ready.
  • Vincent D. 39366
    Vincent D. 39366 Posts: 214 ✭✭
    It would be really nice indeed
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    There are plenty of stores that sell refurbished phones. Would hate for Fizz prices to go up for this.
  • Andrew T. #1551
    Andrew T. #1551 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    I work with the elderly and purchasing phones on ebay and kijiji isn't really an option for most, especially for those (many) who don't have family to help them. Given the attractive pricing of the service, a way to purchase refurbished phones would open up the service to a lot of people. I'd imagine most of us on here are pretty comfortable with and understand how to purchase used phone online and otherwise, unfortunately many are not.
    And to clarify, I don't think Fizz should start selling phones themselves. But partner with a reliable reseller, thus no change in cost for the actual mobile service.
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    This article (in French) talks about 5 websites in Quebec that sell refurbished phones:
    https://www.francoischarron.com/5-sites-quebecois-pour-acheter-un-telephone-usage-/-/XX0wfWqoW9/
  • Shlomo P.
    Shlomo P. Posts: 29 ✭✭
    gazelle.com doesn't sell their phones cheap you can get much better deal ex. you can try best buy refurbished phones
This discussion has been closed.