Blocking spam calls and spam voicemail ?

Fizz should really come out with a protection against spam calls / voicemail.
I keep getting these calls and voicemails and its really annoying.
Maybe i should think about changing the provider.........

Answers

• André L. #16536
    André L. #16536 Posts: 647 ✭✭

sergiu  Most of the time, these spam calls are robo-calls and hangup once the dialler detects a voicemail.  Nonetheless, I do get a few cheaper robocalls that leave a message (always got the ones in Cantonese or Mandarin).  I just delete them.

• André L. #16536

@Toe, Oh yeah, it is a must (the Android Spam caller identification) because now they spoof their caller IDs with local numbers.  I acutally got some where the frauders had no clue how Canadian numbers where strcutured!

I got some of these spam calls from +51 49 99 99 99 (should be +1 514 999-9999)....  Lazy scammers!

• André L. #16536

@MichelP,   My pleasure :-)

• André L. #16536

@Olivier,   No, not quite what you may think.  With Android, when you choose not answer an incoming call, you can reject it and also label the call as "Spam".  (you can actually also do it from the Call History).

When you do label it as a spam call, Android send the number to Google.  After a certain number of users like me have labelled the call as Spam, then it adds it to the Android "Suspected Spam Caller" list.  For the other thousand of people receiving the call from these spammers using the same spoofed number, Android (on the peoples devices) will mark this incomming call as Suspected Spam.

It has nothing to do with telling spammers not to dial your number - That solution would be as lame as the federal government maintaining a list of Opt-In numbers to share with registered organisations to "not call them" for 5 years.  Really?  And when calls originate from India, China and Korea this list would really keep them from calling you???

• Thanh S.
    Thanh S. Posts: 360 ✭✭
    Just keep blocking them
  • Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    Please choose the best answer to close the discussion.
This discussion has been closed.