New Sim card wont connect to network and keeps telling me to try later?

Options
So I received the sim card, I activated it and transferred my number from my other provider, didnt receive the confirmation email yet after 3 hours but still went ahead and put the sim card in my cell after 2h15mins. Take note after 30 mins I had no more network from my old provider. This being said, I rebooted my cell with the new fizz sim card and when I select the fizz network it keeps turning and ends up saying please try later. But heres the thing my phone was bought before dec 2017 so is locked but I have the unlock code from my old provider and was expecting a pop up from the new sim card from fizz when inserted to put my unlock code but never got that demand as if my phone would be already unlocked ...
Kinda lost here and dont know how to get my fizz sim card going.
Help please!

Answers

• Natalie L. #14297
    Natalie L. #14297 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options
    Second update for those still following this...
    Technical support still hasn't solved my problem
    I havent had a phone line or sms since the 28th November (since the switch of providers).... apparently my situation is a priority according to the customer service team but nothing is moving......
    At this point I'm not sure if I rather request a refund and go elsewhere..... unfortunately we are very dependent of our cell phones nowadays and with young children at home this bothers me a lot.
    And I still want to mention that fizz has taken my money for the plan but isnt giving me any service at all since the switch.
    If I didnt know any better I'd think that this whole company is fake... what's making me be patient is that I have someone else who is using the service and is satisfied so I'm trying to be very patient here but honestly I'm finding this VERY LONG!!!
    I'll keep u guys posted later today and see what's up then.
  • kk
    kk Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Options
    it is most probably the matter of your phone being locked, in such case fizz cannot do much.
    You might want to check: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-unlock-my-phone
    and particularly do the check:
    When your card is inserted:
    Your phone is unlocked if it connects to the network or asks you for a PIN code to unlock the SIM card.
    Your phone is locked if it asks you for a SIM unlock code. Follow the instructions below to unlock it (link above)
    it looks like you phone is still locked. you can see any networks on a locked phone, but will not be able to connect if not authorized. when you input your fizz card, your unlocked phone will connect to fizz automatically, without need to choose network or anything else.
    in your case, you really need to contact your previous provider for unlock (not sure if just having the code is enough, but thats better to ask their support).
    hope it helps to resolve it faster.
    p.s. just in case check if your phone is compatible with fizz: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices
  • kk
    kk Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Options
    great it is all resolved, enjoy!
  • Natalie L. #14297
    Natalie L. #14297 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options
    @Kk thank you
  • Thanh S.
    Thanh S. Posts: 360 ✭✭
    Options
    Please close this
  • Gualberto
    Gualberto Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Options
    You gotta speak with them then
  • Meowth
    Meowth Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Options
    I think your problem is solved now.. Can you choose the best answer to close the discussion?
This discussion has been closed.