Are we competitive enough?

Options
SittingRam
SittingRam Posts: 320 ✭✭
Interesting thing; Fido and virgin just adjusted their pricing in Quebec, quite probably as a direct market reaction to Fizz. They now offer a few plans that match Fizz’s price (Canada+2Gb and Canada + 4Gb). One could say that fizz is more interesting since it offers roll-over data and data gifting. However, the competition offers Volte, Esim support, wifi calling and free voicemail, not to mention phone live customer service and dominant networks.
Do you think fizz’s current prices are enough to keep them competitive?

Answers

• Berts
    Berts Posts: 824 ✭✭
    Options
    Fizz is very competitive....
  • Alfio
    Alfio Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Options
    Interesting. So what about Fizz's plan to increase pre-Oct plans in early 2020?
  • Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Options
    Fizz definitely will adjust to its competitor's aggressiveness. It was competitive and will remain competitive in order to survive as a small operator.
  • Gswim
    Gswim Posts: 543 ✭✭
    Options
    Fizz is still cheaper for 2gb and 4gb compare to fido.
    Public mob is cheaper for 4gb (or actually 5gb for public) but only the frst 6 months... I love competition :)
  • Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    Options
    Fizz will need to ajust to stay competitive.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,924 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz has lowered mobile plan prices today!

Check it out: https://fizz.ca/en/mobile

You may need to signout of your account if you're already on introductory price plan.

• Kovid
    Options
    Do you know if Fido promotion is only for Quebec or for the Fizz subscription area?
  • SittingRam
    Options
    Hi Eder, from what I see on the Fido website, their promotion is for Quebec province only.
  • SittingRam
    Options
    True, as fizzy has pointed out, Fizz adjusted a few hours after this discussion started. That is a very good sign of how competitive fizz hopes to be. The new prices are indeed lower than the competition. I find that the new prices make much more sense in today’s market.
    I’ll be happy to stay with fizz
  • Kovid
    Options
    @SittingRam,
    I can understand that most of Fizz customers must be in the province of QC but the Ottawa region is also part of Fizz subscription area. If the promotion is for QC only, maybe Fido does not target Fizz specifically. Fizz is taking note because it might feel more threatened because it is a new player and wants to keep its customer base. Videotron must feel threatened as well, the same is valid for Bell and Telus. The only difference is that the Bell, and Telus have a countrywide customer base.
  • SittingRam
    Options
    That’s a good point Eder
This discussion has been closed.