home internet installation problem, cable was cutted of at appartment? what can I do?

MaxSider
MaxSider Posts: 2 ✭✭
We had appointment for installtaion, The cable of videotron was cutted off by previous tenant. So the installer asked new cable from videotron. I could not take another installation appointment because of technical issue(no cable) at my address

Answers

• Micah
    Micah Posts: 104 ✭✭
    From my experience the previous tenant had sealed off the hole in the wall where the previous cable had passed. The technician drilled a new hole so that the modem could be put where we wanted it. He also ran a new wire, for us. When the technician comes they should come with all the equipment to do this, if they don't i suggest contacting FIZZ.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭

Usually it is the Videotron technician who does the installation. So I am kind of surprised by your post. Since you need new cable to be run into your place, the technician should be fully equipped and capable of doing so. Maybe he ran out of time to complete the job?

You should contact Fizz support to explain the situation and to reach an agreement.

The idea of this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us is to explain how you can access the chat bubble. If you do a search in the Solution Hub related to your issue and access the help page the chat bubble will appear at the right corner.

• You're logged into your Fizz account.
    • You're active on a help page such as https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues
    • Simply click on the chat bubble that appears at the bottom on the right.
    • You're within the business hours: every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST).
    • You have disabled any ad blockers in your browser.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

• Dominic L. #1933
    Dominic L. #1933 Posts: 726 ✭✭
    The tech should be the one pulling a new cable in your apartment. It seems weird that he wasn't willing to do his job.
This discussion has been closed.