So disappointed with the internet speed, extremely slowly!

Options
Hello,
I just transferred my internet from teksavvy to fizz, and even pay more to raise the speed!
But I checked the speed just now, it was extremely slow!
Could you check the problem and why I paid for 60 but got only lower 23?!
So disappointed...Could anyone fix the problem or I need to find another reliable internet provider? Please help!!!

Answers

• Qian C. #10109
    Qian C. #10109 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options
    I used teksavvy for several years and I used iphone not androi. I used teksavvy the basic plan and found it was slowly recently. Then I found everyone is talking the goodness of fizz, so I changed to fizz to a better plan. Maybe I'm wrong??? I paid higher but got even worse one???
  • Sarina P. #1876
    Sarina P. #1876 Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Options
    you can try testing it with fast.com some internet speed tester do no give you the real result depending to how fare is the server connect to
  • OoumFiss
    OoumFiss Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi there Qian,
    I can see in the picture you posted , the Jitter is at 59ms , this is not good !
    You might want to check any cause of interference in your house that can cause wifi to be poor, also it is possibly an issue with the signal (i.e : the cable outside or inside ) and should be checked by a technician !
    You should contact Fizz
    https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Good luck!
  • Qian C. #10109
    Qian C. #10109 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options
    Hello all, how to contact Fizz? I click the chat button but it leads me to nowhere except here...I confused how to get help from Fizz? See the attached showing 23ping 9ms...I'm really frustrated with transferring to Fizz...who knows how to let Fizz know? How to solve the problem? I think they should already know and send technician to check the cable line, no? Or I just need to cancel it??? I should upgrade my service with teksavvy which I used for years but just the basic cable 5 plan cannot meet my current usage...lol...so troublesome...who could tell me how to let Fizz know and solve the problem before my cancelling their service???...Thank you guys!
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,903 ✭✭
    Options

Good idea, you should contact Fizz support for help.

The idea of this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us is to explain how you can access the chat bubble. If you do a search in the Solution Hub related to your issue and access the help page the chat bubble will appear at the right corner.

• You're logged into your Fizz account.
    • You're active on a help page such as https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues
    • Simply click on the chat bubble that appears at the bottom on the right.
    • You're within the business hours: every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST).
    • You have disabled any ad blockers in your browser.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

• Gates
    Gates Posts: 835 ✭✭
    Options

In order to help the Fizz community evolve with your question, do not forget to identify the best answer given to you by members of this discussion group using the Make Best Answer button under the answer you deem to be the best.

• Raphael F. #10961
    Options
    I had the exact opposite experience, it works just as announced on my end. Maybe resetting the router, connecting your pc directly to the ethernet cable.
  • Chris K. #7521
    Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭
    Options
    You are running the speed test over WiFi and your signal is not even max. Run the test from a computer over Ethernet or download the Fizz app which allows you to run the test from the modem directly.
  • Normster
    Normster Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Options
    Same here, I see a drop in the evening .
  • Thanh S.
    Thanh S. Posts: 360 ✭✭
    Options
    Please close this
  • Gualberto
    Gualberto Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Options
    Solved it ?
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Options
    Contact the support, they will fix your speed