Travelling abroad?

Options
redhead
redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
I am travelling to Cuba later this year. Thinking of getting travel add-on and / or adding funds to my wallet. According to Fizz customer service, travel add-on is consumed first then funds in your wallet. So (1) Travel Add-On then (2) pay as you go. Has anyone experienced this and can confirm this?
I also learned that receiving texts are always free regardless of where you are. However, since most people I know have an iPhone, how can I receive my iMessages as SMS during that travel?
Thanks!

Answers

• redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz's exact answer to first question was: Basically, the first has to be used the Add-on, as we are still in the stabilization period, I can't promise you anything. :))

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    There is a lot of bugs with wallet function (especially in roaming). Don't use it.
    You should use add-on instead.
    It's not true that you can receive text anywhere. You can only receive text when you're in your coverage plan ( example if you have Quebec coverage you can only receive text when you're in Quebec ) or when you have travel add on for that particular location.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options
    I've traveled to Belize without any travel add on, Peru with a data add-on, and US with a voice and data add-on. I can confirm that you can receive SMS for free regardless of your coverage and travel add ons.
    Your own answer to iMessages look s right since you will not be registered for iMessages and treated like us non-iPhone users.
    I can't confirm the use of wallet funds as I didn't have a need for the other services and I would have just purchased another data block.
    Have fun in Cuba :-)
This discussion has been closed.