Paid for roaming in Zone Europe not able to send or receive messages !!! Who is your partner in Germ

gerber
gerber Posts: 6 ✭✭
Paid for roaming in Zone Europe (Pay As You Go) but not able to send or receive messages !!!
Who is your partners in Germany and Bulgaria ???

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,645 ✭✭

Here we are users, probably you should contact the support

HAT

Go to this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us.

FACEBOOK

Your can also send a message via facebook messanger https://facebook.com/fizzca and click send a message (this is a bit slower)

CONTACT FORM

You can also fill a contact form from your account Once logged in, from the account panel go to My Profile → Contact Form (the subject are limited) and fill out the form and someone will email you back.

• Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    Did you turn the roaming on your phone?
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭

When you want to use your phone when traveling you have two options

1. Buy a travel add on for a block of data
    2. Fill your wallet and use the pay as you go rates for data and texting

Only the USA has voice options.

If you bought a travel add on (data), it does not include sending texts.  Do you have funds in your wallet?

If you are only trying to text, you do not need data roaming to be turned on.  You may need to manually select the provider instead of relying on the automatic choice.

For receiving text messages you don't even need to have any money in your wallet, it should just work.  I've had success in Peru, Belize, and USA.

• Stéphane B. 10644
    Stéphane B. 10644 Posts: 783 ✭✭
    Keep in my mind that you are on users forum. If you want answers from Fizz support, then you better contact them directly as Mike showed you.
    Quick question, why don't you buy a SIM card in Germany ?
  • gerber
    gerber Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Thank you for your all answers. I already opened a ticket wit Fizz, they gave the same advice to check data roaming !
    Of course, I have an European SIM card, but need to continue receiving important messages - this works at least. Activating Data roaming to send sms is a strange idea because I'm talking about basic sms message, not mms message. Never needed to activate data roaming for sending sms messages with previous operators (Telus, Rogers).
    Anyway the last thing to test is to swap the phones, will be very surprised if that helps.
This discussion has been closed.