Can a Canadian ex-pat or foreigner without a local address get a sim and plan?

I am a Canadian ex-pat with a Canadian credit card, but I currently live in Switzerland. I want to get a sim for a visit to Montreal, but it seems like I have to list a Canadian billing address. If so I can't use Fizz, even if I have a Canadian bank account and credit card with money available. Is that true? Can a foreign tourist use the service at all?


  • Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Lucky mobile would be a decent alternative for you as a temporary card while visiting Canada. Their sim cards are no available at dollarama. Fizz will be a problem unless the shipping address and billing address on the credit card match.
  • J D. #792
    J D. #792 Posts: 316 ✭✭
    if it's just for a short temporary visit, I think there are many one time travel SIM card you can buy from Amazon and it's not that expensive. All depends on how long you plan to stay and what type of service you needed. voice/data. For example, I'm planning to visit Japan and just found one travel SIM card for 15days 5GB data only for 27$. And it's not tight to any contract, doesn't need any bank, credit info from you. Just buy the SIM and use.
This discussion has been closed.