If I move to Toronto, can I switch my internet to whoever takes over my lease?

Options
Kathleen M. #2174
Kathleen M. #2174 Posts: 5 ✭✭
Hi! I got 15mbph for $25/month, and it's been working great! ...Unfortunately, I might be moving back to Toronto. Is there anyway to switch it to the person who takes over my apartment lease?

Answers

• Serge O. #3665
    Serge O. #3665 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Options
    Probably not as you are responsible to give back the equipment to Fizz to terminate your contract

The new locater will have to pay before obtaining the service and schedule a new installation
  • GOAT
    GOAT Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Options
    They're going to have to sign up for themselves unfortunately. You wouldn't want to be liable for the account or the equipment, even if it were possible.
  • Takion
    Takion Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Options
    Not possible it is link to your account. unless you keep it on your account then the internet stays but you will be responsible for the payments
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,904 ✭✭
    Options

There is no option to transfer Internet services.

However if there's a chance you will be coming back and a close friend or family will be subleasing your place, then sure you can keep it until you know you're not coming back. Meanwhile you will be responsible for the plan and the modem.

• P C. #31
    P C. #31 Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Options

I find it strange that everyone says cannot "transfer". If internet is the only service u have with Fizz, theoretically u can change name and credit card info in online account. Hence, a transfer.

However, if u have mobile phone on same account that u will keep, u may not want to "transfer" nor "share" online account with someone.

Any chance u will move back to Quebec or Ottawa? If yes, u can "move" (transfer your plan to a family/friend) and keep beta price. details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-moving-how-do-i-change-my-address-my-home-internet-service

This discussion has been closed.