home internet billing problems?

Options
Erik G. #6072
Erik G. #6072 Posts: 2 ✭✭
When I had signed up during the Beta at $45 for the 120GB plan I was told that this price would not change, even after the Beta, as long as I did not change my plan.
I am now being billed $62 for the 120GB plan!
I did not change my plan so what gives?

Answers

• GOAT
    GOAT Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Options
    I've seen multiple postings with similar issues. Contact Fizz ASAP!
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,904 ✭✭
    Options

You should contact Fizz support, they will create a ticket.

Other customers have reported the same issue:

https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1988347-internet-plan-price-62

https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1986237-home-internet-beta-check-account-price-increase

Here is the reply given by Whizz Fizz Team to others a few days ago:

"I have escalated the situation for (customers A and B) regarding this issue. Once we will solve it, we will notify you by e-mail regarding this issue you will be restored to the beta price and have refunded for the difference."

• Erik G. #6072
    Erik G. #6072 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    so I opened a case with FIZZ via the forms and got an email with a case number,
    then I got three emails saying "I am sorry about this situation.In order to help you further I escalated this situation to our technical team.Once they will have a response you will be notified via email."
    and then a few minutes later i got another email saying "Thank you for taking the time to contact us. This is to confirm that ticket #27902 has been successfully closed. It was a pleasure assisting you."
    no other communications, and on the web site it still shows that I am being billed for $62!
    What the heck?!!!
    are they just ignoring their users?
  • mwong
    mwong Posts: 88 ✭✭
    Options
    It's a bug affected many internet users. Just be patient and Fizz will fix it.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,904 ✭✭
    Options

@Erik, no worries. You have written confirmation, you will be refunded

If you have no news, ask Fizz support again and find out from them when you should have an answer

There's no need to escalate a complaint to CCTS yet.

• Dominic L. #1933
    Dominic L. #1933 Posts: 726 ✭✭
    Options
    Contact chat support.
This discussion has been closed.