Invalid SIM asking for PUK code?

Federico F.
Federico F. Posts: 3 ✭✭
My phone is saying blocked SIM and asking for a PUK code from the carrier
Where is my PUK code?

Answers

• Serge O. #3665
    Serge O. #3665 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Your phone is locked with another provider. You need to contact them and have your phone unlocked
  • Serge O. #3665
    Serge O. #3665 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    To unlock your phone with your old provider is supposed to be free.
  • Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Your phone is locked with another provider.
    Contact them to get it unlocked and then activate your sim card.
    By law, all companies have to unlock cell phones upon request.
  • Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭

If it's a Samsung (only Samsung), they are asking for a PUK code. But it's most a MCK code they are asking for. This is a Samsung bug. So you need to reach Samsung tech support. They will provide you the code. Then you'll need a NCK provided from the previous provider. I don't know if you can understand French, but here's the info : https://communaute.fizz.ca/questions/1924943-samsung-s7-arrive-code-puk-mck-semble-faire

If not a Samsung : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-use-puk-code-to-unblock-my-sim-card

• Sebastien

I translated the Samsung post just in case :

"Some questions were asked on the forum about "a PUK code to unlock the SIM network". I had this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S7. None of these questions / answers really help me so I want to give the solution I found. I had this problem for 7 days without any other functional solution ...

Several people say that the phone is locked even though everywhere on the internet, the PUK code seems to be linked to the SIM card. They are right, this PUK code is different from the one found in FIZZ's online file. The one in the FIZZ folder is really to unlock the SIM card if it had a PIN. If the error speaks PUK code for "SIM network" then the phone is actually locked. By cons, in the case of a Samsung Galaxy S7, if it happened after you entered 3 incorrect PIN unlock, it takes another particular code. Rendered at this point, it takes 2 codes. The NCK code (to unlock the network) and the MCK code (to re-allow reuse of an NCK code). The MCK code is actually the famous PUK code that the Samsung S7 can ask.

After, having called my old provider (Telus) to have an unlock code (NCK) that did not work because I had tried too often and, after talking with Fizz also many times without success I contacted Samsung directly. Samsung was able to really help me.

They provided me with the MCK code (PUK code requested by the phone). Nobody other than Samsung had given me this code before. This allowed me to re-enter the NCK code provided by Telus to FINALLY unlock my phone."

Source ; https://communaute.fizz.ca/questions/1924943-samsung-s7-arrive-code-puk-mck-semble-faire

• Sebastien

I translated the Samsung post just in case : 

"Some questions were asked on the forum about "a PUK code to unlock the SIM network". I had this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S7. None of these questions / answers really help me so I want to give the solution I found. I had this problem for 7 days without any other functional solution ...

Several people say that the phone is locked even though everywhere on the internet, the PUK code seems to be linked to the SIM card. They are right, this PUK code is different from the one found in FIZZ's online file. The one in the FIZZ folder is really to unlock the SIM card if it had a PIN. If the error speaks PUK code for "SIM network" then the phone is actually locked. By cons, in the case of a Samsung Galaxy S7, if it happened after you entered 3 incorrect PIN unlock, it takes another particular code. Rendered at this point, it takes 2 codes. The NCK code (to unlock the network) and the MCK code (to re-allow reuse of an NCK code). The MCK code is actually the famous PUK code that the Samsung S7 can ask.

After, having called my old provider (Telus) to have an unlock code (NCK) that did not work because I had tried too often and, after talking with Fizz also many times without success I contacted Samsung directly. Samsung was able to really help me.

They provided me with the MCK code (PUK code requested by the phone). Nobody other than Samsung had given me this code before. This allowed me to re-enter the NCK code provided by Telus to FINALLY unlock my phone."

Source: https://communaute.fizz.ca/questions/1924943-samsung-s7-arrive-code-puk-mck-semble-faire

This discussion has been closed.